Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Ways to Stay Balanced Between Sessions

 Morning meditations and rituals – I find it easier to do my meditations as soon as I can after I wake up because the mind is more at ease. For me, that’s after my breakfast, morning reading, and getting dressed for the day. I also advise refraining from electronic devices until meditations are completed. When I use my phone to read, check e-mails, and whatever else when I first wake up, I never get my meditations done that day. If you like to read in the mornings, I encourage you to do so with a paper book. 

 

Guided meditations – I love guided meditations. They are great for beginners. There are many on online and there’s also smartphone apps. There are often free guided meditations events around the city as well. My personal favorites are Higher Self meditations and the Bija Mantra chanting meditations which focus on each chakra. 

 

Breathing technique meditations also known as breath work- Take deep breaths, recommended 10 count inhale and 10 count exhale. There are guided breathing techniques online. Breath work is very beneficial to the central nervous system. 

 

Daily mindfulness – Staying present. I like to preform senses checks throughout the day. I ask myself what am I hearing right now? What am I seeing right now? What do I smell right now? What do I feel right now? What am I tasting in this bite of food right now? 

 

Stating the 5 Reiki principles daily. I began doing this when I started the process of getting certified. It has made a huge difference and stating them is a favorite part of my day. I do this as part of my regular morning routine when I get dressed.  

1. Just for today, I will not be angry. 

2. Just for today, I will not worry. 

3. Just for today, I will do my work honestly. 

4. Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing. 

5. Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings. 

 

Sage Smudging – (See benefits and under what to expect in a Reiki session.) I smudge sage multiple times a day and always before my morning meditation. Adopting this practice has made a huge impact in my life. It always neutralizes my energy and rids negative energy from spaces. I always like to sage myself after dealing with the public and sage my home when people have been over and especially when I have had a tough day. Saging around yourself counter clockwise is said to take negative energies away. 

 

Decorating your home with and using crystals – (See explanation of crystals under what to expect in a Reiki session.) You can lie the crystals over your energy points (chakras), put them in your bath water, carry them in your pocket or purse, or wear them in jewelry. Certain crystals activate specific chakras, I have listed them at the back of this packet. 

 

Take a healing bath – One of my favorite rituals that I believe is very important and I strongly recommend. Take time to relax in a bath. I love putting crystals in my bath water along with Epsom salts which contains magnesium and has many benefits of its own. Other things you can add: Himalayan salt, essential oils, the vapor or lavender bubble bath often found in baby departments. You can also make a tea bath with different types of herbs. I like to add rose petals as a topper. Scented candles and incense add to the relaxation. 

Each chakra has certain scents and herbs that balance them. I have listed them at the back of this packet. 

 

Sound healing- There are many sound healing videos online of singing bowls and healing frequencies. Many videos are for a specific chakra and many are for all seven. I strongly recommend listing to 432hz healing sounds and music as it is the ultimate healing frequency and is known as the frequency of the universe. I also recommend listening to vibrational healing and spa music channels on music apps. I always listen to these in my healing baths too. 

 

Binuaral BeatsBinuaral beats changed my life! They can be found online and smartphone apps. You have to use earphones for them to be effective because one frequency is played in one ear while another frequency plays in the other ear. This sets your brain to a specific brainwave. Brainwaves can be: delta (.5 to 3hz) associated with dreamless sleep, theta (4 to 8hz) associated with sleep in the REM/dream phase, meditation, and creativity, alpha (8-12hz) encourages relaxation, and beta (13 to 38hz) promotes concentration and alertness. This is a quick overview but I encourage you to do more research on binaural beats as there is a lot more information published. They really work. When it’s my bedtime and I’m still alert, I listen to delta and I’m asleep before I know it. When I’m feeling low energy during the day, I listen to alpha waves. I prefer this over taking sleeping pills or drinking energy drinks. 

 

Yoga- Participate in yoga class or do your own poses at home or outdoors. There is also guided yoga classes online. Certain yoga poses are good for specific chakras. I have listed them in the back of this packet. 

 

Positive Affirmations- Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. You can write your own or look them up online. I have added positive affirmations for each of the chakras in the back of this packet. 

 

Self- Reiki- You don’t have to be certified and attuned to preform Reiki on yourself. There are guided self-Reiki videos online, some even teach you how to actually feel your body’s energy flow. 

 

The internet has a lot of information on chakras and Reiki. Learning about the chakra’s can be overwhelming and there’s so much information that can make it discouraging. When I started learning about and working on balancing my own chakras, I broke the seven chakras up to each day of the week, starting with the root on Monday’s. Each day I do some activity to balance that day’s chakra. For example, on Monday’s I wear red and be sure to go to the park because Earth is the element for that chakra. On Tuesday’s, I wear orange and eat an orange by the water or take a bath with orange essential oil in it and so on. This really made it easy for me personally to stay balanced.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel to Earth’s Chakras

​Here’s an article about the Earth’s chakras.  I’ve been so blessed and had the privilege to visit Mount Shasta, California several times wh...